What to Do After an Accident
Our Sarasota Injury Lawyer Provides Advice
Car accidents happen without warning, and the shock of the accident can alter a person's
thinking and actions. After an accident, one should remain cool and calm.
Understand â it is difficult to recall and recount precisely what
occurred immediately following an accident. Therefore, do not admit fault
until and unless you are certain you are to blame. Insurance companies
have lawyers looking out for their interests, but who is looking out for yours?
Sarasota accident attorney Maria Gerber and her
staff at Gerber Law provide compassionate representation for victims of auto
accidents and serve as aggressive advocates of their interests.
Follow these instructions if you find yourself involved in an accident:
- Call 911. If a person is injured, tell them to send medical help.
- Exchange information. This includes the other driver's insurance and
the names and numbers of any witnesses, as not all witnesses wait for
police to arrive. Be cordial and concerned, but do not apologize or admit
fault. Insurance companies will use any admissions of guilt, including
apologies, against you.
- Take pictures. If possible, take pictures of the accident with the cars
in the original positions in addition to pictures of damage from a variety
of angles. Photograph any injuries or bruises on your own body as they develop.
- Go to the emergency room. If you did not go to the ER immediately after
the accident, see a physician on the day of the accident or shortly thereafter.
- Remain silent. Do not speak with the other driver's insurance company.
Any contact or interviews should only be done with your own attorney present.
- Collect documentation. This includes all paperwork related to the accident,
witness information, insurance claims and medical bills.
- Consult with a lawyer. A Sarasota injury lawyer will be your advocate and
ensure your best interests are protected. Insurance companies have teams
of lawyers working to settle your claim for as little as possible. You
deserve a lawyer who works for you.
Contact Gerber Law today for a
FREE consultation if you have been in an auto accident. Maria offers personal
yet aggressive representation, and you will always work directly with
a lawyer. With offices in Sarasota and Venice, Florida,
Gerber Law serves the Southwest coast of Florida.
NO FEE UNLESS YOUR ATTORNEY COLLECTS MONEY FOR YOU.