Things You Need to Know About Personal Injury in Sarasota
Even a minor personal injury accident can be a traumatic experience. Whether
you or a loved one have been hurt in because of a
car accident, a
boating accident, a
slip and fall accident or because you have sustained an injury due to another's negligence,
you could end up hurt, embarrassed and confused about what to do next.
If another person or a company caused an accident and injured you, your
spouse or your
child, you should
consult with a Sarasota injury lawyer, even if your injury seems minor. Other important things you should understand about
personal injury accidents include:
Severe injuries can manifest months or even years after an accident, even if
the injuries seemed insignificant at first.
- You should not suffer because of someone else's negligence.
- Someone else may be responsible for your medical bills, even if they are small.
- Someone else may be responsible for your lost wages if you miss work because
of your injuries.
- Someone else may be responsible for your future medical expenses.
- You should ask your doctor questions about your injury, your prognosis
and your treatment to make sure you really understand what happened and
what is to come.
- You should keep track of how you feel after the accident and during your
treatment - keep a journal and be honest with yourself. Is your injury
really that mild, or are you trying to avoid inconveniencing or worrying
- Your family members may notice changes in your behavior and moods that
you cannot discern.
- Your insurance company will pay you the absolute minimum the law and your
policy requires, and may even try to get away with paying you nothing.
insurance company will offer you a final settlement within hours or days of your
accident, before you really know the true extent of your injuries.
If you are in a
car accident and the other driver is underinsured or has no insurance, your insurance
company might leave you high and dry if you do not have uninsured/underinsured
- There are physicians who can help treat your injuries regardless of whether
you have health insurance or can pay out of pocket.
- In most cases, Gerber Law can assist you in ensuring you get a rental car.
Sarasota injury attorney
Maria Gerber and her
Gerber Law can help you immediately with a
FREE consultation and evaluation of your case. No matter what type of accident
caused your injury, if there is a successful way to
bring your case to justice, Ms. Gerber will find it!
Contact Gerber Law today for a FREE consultation if someone else's negligence
has injured you. Maria offers personal, yet aggressive legal representation, and you will
always work directly with a lawyer. With offices in Sarasota and Venice, Florida,
Gerber Law serves the southwest coast of Florida.
NO FEE UNLESS YOUR ATTORNEY RECOVERS MONEY FOR YOU.