Gerber Law: For Justice

Providing aggressive advocacy to injury victims in the southwest coast of Florida for 20 years.

Beyond Personal Injury Protection: Med Pay Coverage

Insurance companies only pay 80 percent of medical bills and only up to $10,000; therefore, optional Med Pay coverage is advisable. Med Pay covers the remaining 20 percent of your medical bills that personal injury protection (PIP) coverage does not, as well as any medical expenses beyond the $10,000 personal injury protection limit, sometimes two or three times the limit. Gerber Law provides personal, yet aggressive representation to clients and can help with your insurance coverage case.

Like uninsured/underinsured coverage, Med Pay coverage also costs insurance companies a hefty amount if another driver injures you, and the insurance company may try various tricks to reduce its payout to your providers and to you. However, please be aware that aside from PIP, should any of your medical bills be paid under an automobile insurance policy affording medical payments benefits, the insurance company may place a lien against the settlement of your case.

Simply put, the automobile insurance company may assert its right to be reimbursed from the settlement of your case for payments it has made on your behalf as a result of the accident. Likewise, should your medical bills be paid under an insurance policy affording health care, workers’ compensation and/or Medicaid/Medicare benefits, the insurance company will assert its right to reimbursement from the settlement of your case pursuant to Florida law.

Turn To Experience You Can Trust

Contact Gerber Law today for a free consultation by calling 866-233-4529 (4LAW) if you have been in a motor vehicle crash to learn about what we can do for you. With offices in Sarasota and Venice, Gerber Law serves the southwest coast of Florida. There are no fees unless we recover money for you.