Gerber Law: For Justice
Providing aggressive advocacy to injury victims in the southwest coast of Florida for 20 years.
Caring Legal Advice For Severe Burn Victims
Over a million Americans suffer burn injuries every year. Over 500,000 of those injuries result in hospitalization, and over 4,000 result in death. The physical, financial and emotional toll severe burn injuries can take on burn victims and their families are staggering.
The legal team at Gerber Law has in-depth knowledge about, and deepest sympathy for, the struggles a severe or catastrophic burn can cause. We believe that using our intellect and skills to help her clients is important, and that each client deserves justice. Our attorney is proud to offer personal, yet aggressive representation to give back to her community and provide her clients with quality, supportive legal counsel. Burns are very painful, and the healing process can be even more so.
Important Facts About Burn Injuries
- Burn victims are very prone to infection. Burn-damaged or destroyed skin no longer offers the protection that skin normally provides. Over 10,000 people die of burn-related infections every year in the United States.
- Burn victims are easily dehydrated. Burned skin loses fluid rapidly, which can result in dehydration and shock.
- Severe burns cause nerve damage. Third-degree burns penetrate through the skin, damaging nerves and causing partial paralysis and lack of sensation.
- Burn victims have an increased risk of respiratory distress and cardiac arrest.
- Burn victims have an increased risk of skin cancer or tissue cancer at the burn site.
- Severe burns require months or even years of painful treatments, such as debridement, skin grafts and irrigation.
- Burns can permanently scar and disfigure the victim, causing anguish, depression and loneliness with which the victim may struggle for the rest of his or her life.
If you or someone you love has suffered from catastrophic burn injuries in Florida because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Financial support is crucial for a burn victim to live the best life he or she can live. A severe burn victim’s financial needs can seem astronomical, and the costs of these necessities will only increase as time passes:
- Doctor visits
- Physical therapy
- Mental health counseling
- Medical equipment
- Reconstructive surgery
Schedule A No-Cost Initial Consultation With Gerber Law
Contact our Sarasota and Venice offices today for a free consultation about your burn injuries. You have nothing to lose by seeking legal advice to live the most comfortable life possible. Call 866-233-4529 or use our online contact form.