Personal Injury Law Firm
Protecting The Rights of Florida Accident Victims
Venice Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
Assisting Victims of Spinal Cord Injuries in Florida
When the spinal cord is damaged, the brain can no longer communicate with the body, resulting in paralysis and other serious complications. Spinal cord injuries are frequently caused by the negligent or wrongful acts of others. If you or someone you love has suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence, you may be qualified for compensation. At Gerber Law, our Venice spinal cord injury attorney can help you understand your rights and options. We are prepared to fight for you.
Call Gerber Law today at (941) 304-5003 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our spinal cord injury attorney in Venice.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries can result from various incidents, often stemming from the negligence or wrongful actions of others. Understanding the common causes is crucial in establishing liability in a spinal cord injury claim. Some prevalent causes include:
- Car Accidents: Collisions on the road can lead to severe spinal cord injuries, especially when the impact is forceful.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Hazardous conditions on properties, such as slippery surfaces or uneven walkways, can cause individuals to fall and sustain spinal cord injuries.
- Medical Malpractice: Errors during surgical procedures, misdiagnoses, or improper medical care can lead to spinal cord injuries.
- Sports and Recreational Accidents: Participation in sports or recreational activities, particularly those with a higher risk of injury, may result in spinal cord trauma.
- Acts of Violence: Deliberate acts of violence, such as assaults, can cause significant harm to the spinal cord.
- Workplace Accidents: Certain occupations carry a higher risk of spinal cord injuries, especially in industries involving heavy machinery or construction.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Spinal Cord Injury Claim?
A spinal cord injury can result in extensive physical, emotional, and financial challenges. Seeking compensation for damages is a critical aspect of the legal process. The potential damages that may be recovered in a spinal cord injury claim include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation for current and future medical bills, including surgeries, rehabilitation, medications, and assistive devices.
- Lost Wages: Reimbursement for wages lost because of the inability to work during recovery and any future earning capacity that may be affected.
- Pain and Suffering: Compensation for physical pain, emotional distress, and a diminished quality of life resulting from the spinal cord injury.
- Property Damage: If the injury was caused by a motor vehicle accident, compensation for damage to the victim's vehicle may be pursued.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Coverage for costs related to physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other rehabilitation services.
- Home Modifications: If the spinal cord injury requires modifications to the home for accessibility, these costs may be recoverable.
- Assistive Devices: Compensation for the purchase and maintenance of mobility aids, wheelchairs, and other assistive devices.
- Loss of Consortium: Damages for the impact of the injury on the victim's relationships, including loss of companionship and support.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for a Spinal Cord Injury Claim in Florida?
It is essential to be aware of the time limitations imposed by the statute of limitations when pursuing a spinal cord injury claim in Florida. The statute of limitations sets the maximum time frame within which legal action must be initiated. In the state of Florida, the statute of limitations for spinal cord injury claims is typically two years from the date of the injury.
However, exceptions may apply, and it is crucial to consult with our skilled Venice spinal cord injury attorneys promptly to ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. Failing to file a claim within the specified time frame may result in the forfeiture of the right to seek compensation.
If you have suffered from a spinal cord injury, don't face the legal complexities alone. Our Venice spinal cord injury lawyer at Gerber Law is ready to provide compassionate and skilled representation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and explore your legal options. We are committed to fighting for justice and securing the compensation you deserve.
Contact Gerber Law today to get started with our Venice spinal cord injury lawyer.
“I highly recommend Gerber Legal Services.” - LA Reid
“Attorney Gerber has been very understanding, helpful, took the time to explain everything and was always available when I need to talk to her.” - Gabriele R.
“I highly recommend Gerber Law!” - P.M.
“Thank you for your compassion and understanding.” - Tom
“Definitely went the extra mile.” - David
“I’m very happy and satisfied with the results.” - Samantha
“I appreciate your work and effort.” - Sara
“Your group is the best.” - Brandon
“My personal thanks to each and every one of you.” - Jean
“Brought me to a very satisfying resolution.” - Todd
“I appreciate all the help you gave.” - Karen
$775 Thousand Truck Accident
$690 Thousand Pedestrian Accident
$675 Thousand Auto Accident
$450 Thousand Bicycle Accident
$425 Thousand Premises Liability
$365 Thousand Slip & Fall
No Fees or Cost Unless We Win For You.
Experienced Representation. Client Advocacy. Skilled Negotiator.
We Offer Home & Hospital Visits For Our Clients.
We Are Available 24/7 & Have Free Consultations In Person, By Phone, and Virtual.